Can You Tile the Wall or Floor On Your Own?
One question many homeowners have is whether they can handle the tiling themselves. Of course, like many home projects, tiling is something homeowners can do, but it’s often not a good idea.
You would need to have plenty of time and patience to learn different tiling techniques, which our wall tilers have already been doing for years.
Below are some of the types of experience we have that can help ensure your next project has a professional finish.
- Our wall tilers have all of the tools needed for the job, including standard tools like safety equipment, trowels, spacers, and a tile cutter. It also includes specialized tools that always seem to be needed for just one part of the job.
- With our experience, we already know what tiles to buy, the best use for ceramic or porcelain tiles, and what tiles can be used on the floor or the wall. We also know what tiles to pick for durability and slip ratings if the tiles are going in a walk-in shower or wet room.
- We have a relationship with a variety of suppliers, so we can get the best prices and stay on top of modern tiling trends.
- We can level a floor with the right base, layout various patterns, and handle cutting tiles to go around windows, outlets, and other fixtures.
- When tiles are being installed, you need to purchase the right adhesive, grout, and sealant for the job. You also kneed to know the correct quantity, so you don’t end up with too much or too little.
You can learn all of this. But it will take a lot of time to plan the project, learn everything you need to know and figure out how to install the tiles properly so they not only look good but will also last a long time. Instead of going through all of this time & effort, contact our wall and floor tilers for your next tiling project.